Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Carry You With Me

Since I had Sydney I've been wanting to get a tattoo to symbolize what she means to me and how much I love her. The only catch was that this was my last tattoo and it needed to be something that could represent any and all of my children, including my angel baby (11/19/09).

I found a symbol that said it all. It is not an original Celtic knot, but it is taken from the Celtic style and incorporates the silhouette of a mother and child. The Celtic style of the knot is apparent in that it has no beginning and no end. It represents the eternal bond between a mother and child and the endless love that a mother has for her children.

I got my tattoo this weekend (appropriately on Mother's Day weekend) and I really, truly love it. It's something that I will be proud of for the rest of my life, just like my children. It says "My love for you is forever, and I carry you with me, where ever I go, even if it is only in my heart."

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the cutest mommy tattoos I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete