Monday, March 2, 2015

I'm gonna miss this.....

I am getting really sad at the idea that this pregnancy is about to be over.  I am going to miss my big bump, and feeling my baby's movements inside of me. I'm going to miss the excitement and mystery of not yet knowing this little person....of wondering and waiting and daydreaming.  I'm going to miss having this little one all to myself......of having someone to keep me company during my commute to and from work, and knowing someone is there everyday as I sit at my desk....and every night as I lay awake in bed.....right now, it's just me and 2.0.....and soon it won't be.

I am excited to have this baby in my arms, to give it a name, to finally let my husband and children hold this little one in their arms, but the idea that I can never get these moments back....that eventually they will be a distant memory....that this phase of our miracle is nearly over....it's hard. There were so many years of waiting, so many tears and so much heartache, just trying to get to this point,  and all too quickly it will be over and done.  I need a pause button.  I want to hold onto these moments just a little longer.  I'm not ready for this to be over....not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment