Friday, July 19, 2013

Thank You

I laid down this morning next to Syd while she was still sleeping. I just wanted to look at her. Her perfectly shaped lips and eyebrows and that nose of hers that I have always thought was just the cutest nose that God ever created. As I lay there, the only words that came to my mind were, “Thank you, God! Thank you for using me as a vessel to create this little human being. Thank you for allowing me the honor and experience of bringing her into this world.”

It crosses my mind on almost a daily basis how fortunate I am. God didn’t have to give me any children. He could have chosen another equally as deserving woman to be her mother. But He chose ME! And I will NEVER be able to thank Him enough for that.

There was a time when I questioned God and His motives and plans. But the farther down the road I go, the more I see that He knew EXACTLY what He was doing the whole time. It’s so hard to have faith when you are in the midst of a raging storm, especially when your focus is on the storm and not on God. But the moment I shifted my focus, the wind and the rain seemed to ease up dramatically, and I was able to see the blessings in my life more clearly than ever. Sydney Jane has always been my biggest and brightest blessing, and when the walls feel like they are caving in, she is still the light that pushes away the darkness and reminds me how much God loves me.

So again, with a humble and ever grateful spirit, I say “Thank You”, to my Heavenly Father and Creator. Thank you for your perfect plan in my life. Thank you for the happiness and the hurt that has shaped my heart along the way and allowed me to live and love more fiercely and fully than I ever thought possible. Thank you for continuing to have faith in me when I lost my faith in You, and thank You for loving me despite my moments of blatant disobedience and disregard for You and Your Word. Every morning I see Your love for me in the face of my baby girl. Thank you for that reminder. Thank you for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment